Possible storage configurations in the HA pairs
HA pairs can be configured symmetrically, asymmetrically, as an active/passive pair, or with shared disk shelf stacks.
- Symmetrical configurations
- In a symmetrical HA pair , each node has the same amount of storage.
- Asymmetrical configurations
- In an asymmetrical standard HA pair , one node has more storage than the other. This is supported as long as neither node exceeds the maximum capacity limit for the node.
- Active/passive configurations
- In this configuration, the passive node has only a root volume, and the active node has all the remaining storage in addition to serving all data requests during normal operation. The passive node responds to data requests only if it has taken over the active node.
- Shared loops or stacks
- In this configuration, shared loops or stacks between the nodes are particularly useful for active/passive configurations, as described in the preceding bullet.