Usually, the ID field of the quota report displays a user name instead of a UID or SID. However, there are some exceptions to this rule.
The ID field does not
display a user name in the following circumstances:
- For a quota with a UNIX user as the target, the ID field shows the UID instead of a name if either of the following conditions applies:
- No user name for the UID is found in the password database.
- You specifically request the UID by including the -q option for the quota reports command.
- For a quota with a Windows user as the target, the ID field shows the SID instead of a name if either of the following conditions applies:
- The SID is specified as a quota target and the SID no longer corresponds to a user name.
- Data ONTAP cannot find an entry for the SID in the SID-to-name map cache and cannot connect to the domain controller to ascertain the user name for the SID when it generates the quota report.