You can configure SnapDrive for UNIX to use HTTP for your host platform.
Before you begin
Ensure that you are logged in as a root user.
- Make a backup of the snapdrive.conf file.
- Open the snapdrive.conf file in a text editor.
- Change the value of the use-https-to-filer variable to off.
A good practice any time you modify the snapdrive.conf file is to perform the following steps:
- Comment out the line you want to modify.
- Copy the commented-out line.
- Un-comment the copied text by removing the pound (#) sign.
- Modify the value.
- Save the file after you make your changes.
SnapDrive for UNIX automatically checks this file each time it starts. You must restart the SnapDrive for UNIX daemon for the changes to take effect.