In some conditions snapdrived start command may fail. There are a few troubleshooting steps to resolve this.
- Check whether daemon port specified in snapdrive.conf file is already in use by other application.
- Check whether an earlier instance of daemon is stopped properly.
- Check whether system-wide semaphore limit is reached, in which case daemon start does not work.
- Check whether any of the services like iSCSI, VxVM is not running on the machine.
- If HTTPS is set to on, check whether self signed certificate is installed in the specified directory.