You can use the System Management Interface Tool (SMIT) to install SnapDrive for UNIX on the AIX host.
Before you begin
You must ensure that you are logged in as a root user.
Attention: You should not delete the directory where SnapDrive for UNIX is installed. If you delete the directory, there can be problems with starting and stopping the daemon.
- Download the software from
the NetApp Support Site.
- Change to the directory on which you placed the uncompressed
- Start SMIT by running the following command:
- Select the
Software Installation and Maintenance option.
- At the next screen, select the
Install and Update Software menu option.
- At the Install Software screen, specify the location of the software in one of the following ways:
- Manually enter the path of the location of the software.
- Press F4 to display a list of options.
If you want to use the F4 method, complete the following steps:
- Press F4.
- At the prompt asking which software you want to install, enter:
- At the prompt asking whether you want to continue or cancel, press Enter to complete the installation.
- Verify the software package installation by using the
lslpp -l NetApp.snapdrive command.
- Complete the setup by configuring SnapDrive for UNIX for the system.
Most of this information is set by default; however, you need to specify the following information:
- Login information for the storage system
- AutoSupport settings
- Set the correct configuration value for the following options,SnapDrive for UNIX based on whether you are using the FC protocol or the iSCSI protocol:
iscsi depending on the protocol.
For FC, set it to any one of the following values:
For iSCSI, set this to