You can use System Management Interface Tool (SMIT) to uninstall SnapDrive for UNIX from an AIX system.
- Start SMIT by entering the following command: smit
- Select the Software Installation and Maintenance menu option.
- On the screen that appears, select the Software Maintenance and Utilities menu option.
- On the next screen, select the Remove Installed Software menu option.
- Remove the software in one of the following ways:
- Enter the package name NetApp.snapdrive. Ensure that the Preview only option is set to no.
- Press F4 to display a list of names.
- Scroll down the list of names until you reach NetApp.snapdrive.
- Select NetApp.snapdrive and press Enter.
A prompt message is displayed.
- Select continue or cancel.
- Press Enter to complete the uninstallation.
The uninstall process places the log file at the following location: /tmp/snapdrive_uninstall.