You can use volume-based SnapRestore (VBSR) with keeping few points in mind. Keeping these points in mind helps you to use the VBSR feature safely.
You must keep the following points in mind:
- VBSR reverts the entire volume to the state of the time when the Snapshot copy is created, which is used for VBSR. VBSR includes the following:
- All the files and LUNs for the specified host filespec during snap create operation.
- All the files and LUNs that are part of the application consistent Snapshot copy during snap create operation.
- VBSR removes all the newer files and LUNs created on the current volume after the Snapshot copy used for restore.
- VBSR removes all the newer Snapshot copies that are taken after the Snapshot copy which is being used for restore.
- It is recommended that you run -vbsr preview command before using -vbsr execute command.