Before you install SnapDrive for UNIX, you must prepare your storage system by ensuring that your storage system meets some requirements.
You must prepare your storage system by checking for the following conditions:
- Storage system readiness
- System requirements
- Storage system partner IP address
- SnapDrive for UNIX configurations in an NFS environment
- Volume preparation for UNIX LUNs and NFS entities
- The snap reserve option is set to 0
- In Data ONTAP operating in 7-Mode, the vfiler.vol_clone_zapi_allow configuration variable is set to on, to connect to a Snapshot copy for a volume or LUN in a vFiler unit.