You must configure the required network settings to connect to the Performance Manager server. You can use the Configure Network Settings dialog box to modify the settings of your network configuration.
The Host area provides the host name:
- Host Name
- Displays the host name of the system on which the management server is installed.
The Network area provides information about the network, such as the IP address, network mask, and DNS information:
- DHCP Enabled
- Specifies whether DHCP is enabled.
Note: If DHCP is enabled, the system populates the IP address, network mask, and gateway fields with values from the network, and these fields appear dimmed. Also, you cannot change the values for the primary DNS address, the secondary DNS address, or the search domains.
- IP Address
- Specifies the IP address of the Performance Manager server.
- Network Mask
- Specifies the network mask.
- Specifies the IP address of the gateway.
- Primary DNS Address
- Specifies the IP address of the primary DNS server.
- Secondary DNS Address
- Specifies the IP address of the secondary DNS server.
- Search Domains
- Specifies the domain names (as comma-separated values) that are used by the DNS server to search for the host name.