You can create local users or database users, or add remote users or remote groups and assign roles so that these users can efficiently manage the storage objects and data using Performance Manager.
You can add a user by completing the following fields:
- Enables you to specify the type of user you want to create.
- Enables you to specify a user name that a user can use to log in to Performance Manager.
- Enables you to specify a password for the specified user name. This field is displayed only when you are adding a local user or a database user.
- Confirm Password
- Enables you to reenter your password to ensure the accuracy of what you entered in the Password field. This field is displayed only when you are adding a local user or a database user.
- Enables you to specify an email address for the user. This field is displayed only when you are adding a remote user or a local user.
Note: The specified email address must be unique to the instance of Performance Manager.
- Enables you to assign a role to the user and defines the scope of activities that the user can perform. The role can be OnCommand Administrator, Storage Administrator, or Operator.