You can enable remote authentication using OPEN LDAP or Active Directory so that the management server can communicate with your authentication servers, and so users of the authentication servers can use Performance Manager and manage the storage objects and data.
Before you beginYou must have the OnCommand Administrator role or the Storage Administrator role.
About this task
If remote authentication is disabled, remote users or groups cannot access Performance Manager.
The only two supported remote authentication methods are Active Directory and Open LDAP. LDAPS is not supported.
- Click .
- In the Configure Settings dialog box, click .
- In the Authentication dialog box, select Enable Remote Authentication.
- In the Authentication Service field, select either Active Directory or Open LDAP, and then enter the applicable information:
|If you are using...
||Enter the following information...|
- Authentication server administrator name
- Administrator password
- Base distinguished name (using the appropriate Active Directory notation)
- Bind distinguished name (using appropriate LDAP notation)
- Bind password
- Base distinguished name
If authentication of an Active Directory user takes a long time or times out, the authentication server is probably taking a long time to respond. Disabling support for nested groups in Performance Manager might reduce the authentication time.
- Optional: Add authentication servers and test the authentication.
- Click Save and Close.