With the help of the AutoSupport feature, Performance Manager sends information to technical support personnel to help with troubleshooting.
AutoSupport (ASUP) messages are scanned for potential problems and are available to technical support personnel when they assist you in resolving issues.
When you generate the ASUP message from Performance Manager, the following configuration and analytical data is included in the ASUP message:
- Number of incidents that have a state of new or obsolete over the last seven days.
- Top three cluster components with the highest number of incidents over the last seven days.
- Configuration changes caused by HA takeover, policy group limit modifications, volume moves, or upgrade of the Data ONTAP software.
- Minimum, maximum, and average times for configuration and analytical data to be collected.
- Minimum, maximum, and average times for incident analysis to complete.
- Details about the virtual machine (VM), database, disk storage usage, and the number of errors and exceptions specific to Performance Manager.
ASUP or support messages that you generate through the maintenance console will not include the configuration and analytical data from Performance Manager.