You can configure an SMTP server that the Performance Manager server uses to send email notifications when an event is generated. You can also specify a From address.
This dialog box enables you to configure the following SMTP server settings:
- From Address
- Specifies the address that recipients will see in the From field of their email client.
- Host Name or IP Address
- Specifies the host name of your SMTP host server, which is used to send the alert notification to the specified recipients.
- User Name
- Specifies the SMTP user name. If SMTP authentication is not enabled on the SMTP server, this field is optional.
- Specifies the SMTP password. If SMTP authentication is not enabled on the SMTP server, this field is optional.
- Specifies the port that is used by the SMTP host server to send alert notification.
The default value is 25.
- Use STARTTLS
A mechanism to provide secure communication by using the TLS/SSL protocols. Also known as start_tls and StartTLS.
- Use SSL
- Checking this box provides secure communication between the SMTP server and the management server.