After the installation of Performance Manager is completed, you can access the GUI to complete the setup wizard. You use the setup wizard to configure email alerts, enable AutoSupport, change the password for the default user, and add clusters you want to monitor. After completing the setup wizard, you can access the other areas of the GUI.
Before you begin
- You are prepared to provide the setup wizard with the following information:
- An IP address or URL at which to access the login window to the Performance Manager web UI
- An assigned username for the maintenance user
- A password for the maintenance user
- You can specify the following maintenance user information:
- An email address at which the user can receive AutoSupport messages
- The IP address of the associated SMTP mail server
- Clusters you want to add to Performance Manager meet configuration requirements.
- Use an Internet browser to log in to the Performance Manager web UI, using the IP address or URL, the username for the maintenance user, and password that you were assigned at the end of installation.
The setup wizard is displayed, with four initial settings for you to configure.
- Configure the following settings to complete the wizard:
- Set Up Email
- Specifies where email alerts are to be sent. You can identify an initial email recipient and an SMTP server to handle email communication.
- Set Up AutoSupport
- Specifies whether AutoSupport is enabled to send information about your installation of Performance Manager to technical support. Support personnel can use this information to stay current with the configuration and operation of your installation of Performance Manager, and to help you troubleshoot or manage the product.
- Change Admin Credentials
- Provides options for changing the password for the Administrator account. This is the password you assigned to the maintenance user account when you installed Performance Manager. You cannot change the Administrator account name.
- Add Clusters
- Enables you to add one or more clusters to monitor. You can enter the fully qualified name (FQDN) or IP address and access credentials for each system running clustered Data ONTAP. Each cluster must meet minimum configuration requirements.
Note: The first time you add a cluster, it can take up to 15 minutes for Performance Manager to fully discover it. Until the discovery process has completed, you cannot search for objects, such as volumes, on the cluster.
After you finish
If you choose not to immediately add clusters, you can configure additional options, such as alerts, and then add clusters for monitoring.