You can configure SMTP settings for the Performance Manager server to send email notifications when an event is generated. You can specify the corresponding mail server to be used.
Before you begin
The following information must be available:
- Email address from which the alert notification is sent
- Host name (or IP address), user name, password, and default port to configure the SMTP server
You must have the OnCommand Administrator role or the Storage Administrator role.
- Click .
- In the Configure Settings dialog box, click .
- In the Email dialog box, configure the appropriate settings.
The email address appears in the "From" field in sent alert notifications. If the email cannot be delivered for any reason, this email address is also used as the recipient for undeliverable mail.
If the host name of the SMTP server cannot be resolved, you can specify the IP address of the SMTP server instead.
The user name and password are only required if SMTP authorization is enabled.
- Click Test to confirm whether recipients receive email alerts using the SMTP settings.