After connecting the devices in the MetroCluster configuration, you need to set up the Data ONTAP systems to use the storage on the storage array. You must also configure any required Data ONTAP feature.
- Set the HA state of the controller and chassis components in all the Data ONTAP systems to mcc.
- Assigning array LUNs to specific Data ONTAP systems.
- Install clustered Data ONTAP on the Data ONTAP systems connected to array LUNs.
- Set up a peering relationship between the clusters.
- Mirror the root aggregate for each Data ONTAP node in the MetroCluster configuration.
- Create a mirrored data aggregate on each Data ONTAP node in the MetroCluster configuration.
- Implement the MetroCluster configuration by using the metrocluster configure command.
- Verify if the components and the mirroring relationships in the MetroCluster configuration are working correctly.
- Configure other Data ONTAP features as desired.