If you are moving a LUN or a volume containing LUNs to another HA pair within the same cluster, you should modify the Selective LUN Map (SLM) reporting-nodes list, before initiating the move. This ensures that active/optimized LUN paths are maintained.
- Add the destination node and its partner node to the reporting-nodes list of the aggregate or volume: lun mapping add-reporting-nodes -vserver vserver_name -path lun_path -igroup igroup_name [-destination-aggregate aggregate_name | -destination-volume volume_name]
If you have a consistent naming convention, you can modify multiple LUN mappings at the same time by using *-igroup instead of igroup.
- Rescan the host to discover the newly added paths.
- Add the new paths to your MPIO configuration.
- Run the command for the needed move operation and wait for completion.
- Verify that I/O is being serviced through the Active/Optimized path: lun mapping show -fields reporting-nodes
- Remove the previous LUN owner and its partner node from the reporting-nodes list: lun mapping remove-reporting-nodes-remote-nodes -vserver vserver_name -path lun_path -igroup igroup_name
- Verify that the LUN has been removed from the existing LUN map: lun mapping show -fields reporting-nodes
- Remove stale device entries for the host OS.
- Rescan the host to verify removal of old paths.
See your host documentation for specific steps to rescan your hosts.