A cluster must have at least one or more SVMs to provide data access. You can create SVMs with FlexVol volumes to provide data access to NAS clients and SAN hosts. You can also create SVMs with FlexVol volumes for disaster recovery and high availability.
Before you begin
You must have reviewed the planning requirements and understood the guidelines:
You must ensure that the following requirements are met:
- The cluster must have at least one non-root aggregate with sufficient space.
- There must be at least 1 GB of space on the aggregate for the SVM root volume.
- The cluster must be synchronized by
configuring and enabling NTP to prevent CIFS creation and
- If you want to assign IPspace, you must have created the IPspace.
- For MetroCluster configuration, the local and remote sites must be configured.
About this task
You can create multiple SVMs simultaneously
either by using different SSH sessions or by using a
Note: It is best to create not more than five
SVMs simultaneously to avoid any performance