After you create SVMs, you must provision storage, configure the network, services, and protocols to facilitate data access to the clients.
About this task
This procedure provides only high-level information about the configuration tasks that you have to perform after creating the SVM
. Detailed information about the configuration tasks is available in other clustered Data ONTAP documentation.
NetApp Documentation: Data ONTAP 8 (current releases)
- Specify the aggregates for the SVM for all the volume-related operations that require an aggregate name.
- Set up a password and unlock the vsadmin user account for delegating the SVM administration.
- Provide data access to the SVM by performing the following steps:
- Set up the network interface, such as creating LIFs and routes.
- Provision storage by creating volumes.
- Configure the services, such as LDAP, NIS, and DNS.
- Configure the protocols, such as NFS, CIFS, iSCSI, and FC.
- Create a load-sharing mirror copy for the root volume on each node of the cluster so that the namespace directory information remains available in the event of a node outage or failover.