Enabling the SP to use automatic network configuration is preferred over manually configuring the SP network. Because the SP automatic network configuration is cluster wide, you do not need to manually manage the SP network for individual nodes.
Before you begin
- The subnet you want to use for the SP automatic network configuration must already be defined in the cluster and must have no resource conflicts with the SP network interface.
The network subnet show command displays subnet information for the cluster.
The parameter that forces subnet association (the -force-update-lif-associations parameter of the network subnet commands) is supported only on network LIFs and not on the SP network interface.
- If you want to use IPv6 connections for the SP, IPv6 must already be configured and enabled for Data ONTAP.
The network options ipv6 show command displays the current state of
IPv6 settings for Data ONTAP.
- Specify the IPv4 or IPv6 address family and name for the subnet that you want the SP to use by using the system service-processor network auto-configuration enable command.
- Display the SP automatic network configuration by using the system service-processor network auto-configuration show command.
- If you subsequently want to disable or reenable the SP IPv4 or IPv6 network interface for all nodes that are in quorum, use the system service-processor network modify command with the -address-family [IPv4|IPv6] and -enable [true|false] parameters.
When the SP automatic network configuration is enabled, you cannot modify the SP IP address for a node that is in quorum. You can only enable or disable the SP IPv4 or IPv6 network interface.
If a node is out of quorum, you can modify the node's SP network configuration, including the SP IP address, by running system service-processor network modify from the node and confirming that you want to override the SP automatic network configuration for the node. However, when the node joins the quorum, the SP automatic reconfiguration takes place for the node based on the specified subnet.